Foster Care Guidelines
As a foster for DASH Dog Rescue I agree that I will:
- Provide adequate food, water, shelter, safe containment, and humane treatment for the dogs at all times.
- Provide medication and veterinary care when needed at the expense of DASH and with their approval beforehand.
- Monitor the animal(s) and providing proper care and socialization.
- Notify DASH immediately if there are any serious changes in the dog's health.
- Notify DASH immediately if a foster dog escapes or becomes lost.
- Behave in a professional manner in any public places including vets' offices, fund-raisers, adoption events and anywhere you are representing DASH Dog Rescue.
DASH is an Australian Shepherd rescue and we strive to primarily rescue only Aussies and very close/similar mixes. Our dogs are highly adoptable and are often only in foster homes a SHORT TIME. We often get owner-surrendered dogs where the dog was NOT the issue (moving, no time, divorce) and then we know the history – these dogs REALLY need to get their “new forever” started quickly, as do strays who have been living in a home several weeks already and are healthy, housebroken and also ready for Forever to Begin.
However, the dogs that come in from rural shelters, who have been temperament-tested and assessed for good dispositions are the ones who need LOTS of TLC. They probably need crate-training, housebreaking and learning to walk on leashes. This is what FOSTERS are all about. And when we decide to save another shepherd mix or breed mix they need love, too. So please consider all of these factors when checking choices below.
Finding Forever Families for Aussome Aussies
Copyright DASH Dog Rescue. All Rights Reserved.